Sitting here alone, listening to soft lulls of French music filling the room with calm and color … I’m amazed. That I’m entrusted with a new life. So new. Gifted a miracle to protect and nurture with my own life. My heart beating so that my little one’s heart can beat. This great gift should be earned and deserved. But it isn’t. It’s a gift .. given to me. And I’m amazed.
Quiet. So still. Just wait. Just wait.
The words come on their own.
Tentative to see, the heart of me,
And write what they’ve been shown.
Listen. The silence. It’s so beautiful.
Truths appearing. Clear, like stars.
Playing with thoughts. Emotions. Dreams.
Wondering at my scars.
Soothing. Gentle. Prodding. Searching.
The words they come to say…
What they see, in the heart of me,
Before going on their way.
I simply love reading other people’s poetry! It is always inspiring to see the way different poems reflect the world differently. Perspectives and use of language swirling beautiful on paper to create works of art that touch the heart and glow, like a memory in our minds throughout the day. If you love to write I would love read what you have to say! Send your writings to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll soon post the winning entry! Thanks so much!
My little girl Rajah loves to do everything with us, including decorate the tree!
Lovely little blue birds, swift and smooth in flight.
Tiny blue/brown wings, contrasting winter’s white.
Chubby little faces, fluffed up against the cold.
How I love theirs sweet songs, bright and clear and bold.
Lovely little blue birds, I’m glad you chose to stay,
And that the mocking winter has not driven you away.
Each season has it’s secret beauties, so easily unseen,
And you are winter’s secret, a lovely little queen.
Such wonder, those sweet blue birds, I watch them taking flight,
They gracefully overcome the cold of winter’s starry night.
I’ll remember to be cheerful. To sing and fly carefree.
Surviving all my winters with the grace the birds taught me.
The sky is black as the ocean’s heart,
Yet a flash of light rejects defeat.
Not brought on by the clouds and rain,
He flashes for the heat.
The summer smiles a half-moon smile,
While the fireflies slowly dance.
Twirling, flickering, while crickets play,
Sweet tunes of June’s romance.
The brooks and streams have slowed their pace,
Relaxed and singing quiet songs.
The stars begin to wake up now,
Emerging in excited throngs.
A flash of light appears again,
How he does love to dance,
With streams, and stars and fireflies,
And sweet tunes of June’s romance.
I would like to thank Arab Writer Chick for nominating me for this award. I greatly enjoy your writings and always come away feeling inspired. I highly recommend her blog!
Ok, so here are 7 things about me:
1. My family traveled a lot as a kid so you might say I have a bit of a wanderer’s heart now. I adore travel and recently returned from a 13 month trip where my husband and I volunteered to help nonprofit organizations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia.
2. I looove to paint! When I’m not doing oil paintings I’m usually trying my hand at mixed media. Either way, it’s not uncommon to walk in my studio and see paint and paper everywhere
3. I love collecting the inspiring books, especially the ones that win the Newberry Honor Award (excellent reading) for my future children. I loved books like Because of Win-Dixie, Bearstone, and A Swiftly Turning Planet and hope my children love them too.
4. My husband makes videos and I like to follow him around when we’re trying to capture “The perfect shot”. You can check out his work at http://vimeo.com/search?q=brandon+clementson
5. I am a multi-media designer. I do graphic design for print, web design, and photography. I hope to someday get into video. I also dabble in landscape and furniture restoration.
6. I’d be perfectly happy if it was Christmas all year long. Seriously I’m always listening to Christmas music.
7. I hope to make a change in the world. I want to always be inspired and always be working toward something. God gives each of us at least one gift and it is up to us to grow and use it as much as we can. I hope my writings inspire others.
The Seven blogs I nominate for this award are:
1. http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk – A very inspiring blog for designers of any kind. There are always perfect tips and articles on how to improve.
2. http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com – This blog is such a beautiful mess! She is very creative and is always posting interesting projects, craft ideas and photography tips.
3. http://www.hwtm.com/ – Hostess with the Mostess is the perfect blog to follow if you love to entertain and throw parties, baby showers or whatever the event is. I’ve gotten so many great ideas from here.
4. http://www.tipjunkie.com – Tip Junkie is an awesome website for diy home decor, cooking and entertaining ideas.
5. http://www.egadideas.com/ – If you are ever in a situation where you need to entertain a group of teens or kids, this website is a lifesaver!
6. http://clownponders.wordpress.com/ – I always enjoy reading his blog. He’s so creative and fun! It’s one of those styles that always keep you coming back.
7. http://thepoeticgoblin.wordpress.com/ – Beautiful and elegant poetry! I love the edgy romantic feel. You’ll love it!